Sunday, September 10, 2006

Niko is for Freakos'


Wow. I just got back from one of the most intense and absolutely incredible experiences of my life. I spent three.75 days at Niko Salem. It is a YWAM based organization that does wilderness leadership training and unity bonding stuff.

The worst part of all this is, I can't tell you a single thing really. Its part of the Niko pact that no one talks about Niko to anyone, unless they've already been there.

But, what I can say is that I absolutely hated it the first two days, I was stretched beyond belief physically and mentally and was wanting to just come home, then day three came. I wanted to die, I was in incredible pain and stressed out. Then the end came, and I was like, "Wow God, where did that come from.'

If you ever get the chance to go to Niko in Salem, Oregon for your school or business or your church, do it...You will never forget or regret it.

PS> I got a twig jabbed in my side and it was officially considered a "puncture wound". So I can officially say God stabbed me. And, I have about four awesomely placed blisters on my feet, they feel great, like the twig side.

So Yeah,

theirs your 'need to know' information. Do with it what you will...

HERE IS THE ACTUAL NIKO WEBSITE INFO:

NIKO:
A Greek word meaning to conquer, to overcome.

Niko is a five day wilderness leadership training program where you step out and discover more about who God has made you to be. Your learning environment will be the great outdoors, the "classroom of life". You will learn skills vital to working as a team, being a leader, and pushing yourself beyond the limits you thought you could never overcome. We have seen major changes in groups as they learn to surrender their individual rights and become interdependent on each other as they grow in their dependence on Jesus our Rock. Come with us as we discover God in new ways!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben!

I can't wait to hear about yours and your groups NIKO experience this year! I know how awesomely God moved in my life last year on NIKO, and I am so excited for you guys. I prayed for you a lot!!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do profound experience companies always use greek words to name themselves. I don't speak greek. You surely don't speak greek. I doubt they speak greek. Sure we all like greek food, but I am sceptical that using a greek word helps in developing a profoundness to the experience. They always have to say: niko means 'big honking tree'. (of course. wow. I feel like a different person now.)

Despite their need for a different name, the experience sounded rewarding and mysterious. I don't mean to put niko in the dirt, just hound on them and companies like them until they change their names.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home