Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Linguistic Lamentations


Yes. I have officially decided after much prayer and inner-debate that I need to pick up what I started last year; Russian.
Aww.............Snap! (I am having text problems; highlight the rest of the page to read the article attached)
















So...

After a summer of awesome times in
Europe I found myself feeling a bit unworthy of the opportunity. I spent seven plus days in Holland surrounded by missionary kids who spoke three languages fluently; often times they were languages like Russian, Spanish, and English. I found myself a bit frustrated and thinking, "This is crazy!" I have studied German for about 3 or so years nonchalantly and really wish that I'd spent some time picking up another language.
I spent about two and a half months last year taking one-on-one lessons at the
University of Oregon last year. It is something I will never regret. I find myself a bit disappointed in my lack of passion and persistence in that area of my life; languages. The truth is my one passion outside of Jesus is learning languages; my actions often times show otherwise.
I felt prompted this summer by the Lord to continue in my journey towards becoming fluent in Russian. I would appreciate any prayers you would send my way, its going to be an interesting time.
My personal goal is to be at basic-intermediate level communicational fluency by June of two-thousand seven.
Here goes nothing...

A JOKE:

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?
Tri-lingual.
What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
Bi-lingual.
What do you call someone who speaks one language?
An American.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home