Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Untypical norm

Thank You everyone involved for making my BFA trip the best part of my European Adventure this summer!



So...

My time at the English camp in Kandern, Germany (Black Forest) is summed up best by the following: Late night beatings and mid-day soccer matches, akward cafateria food and obnocious "your momma" jokes, overpriced grocery stores and unfriendly small theme park seatbelts, trash talking German youth and joke cracking American counselors. Truly... I loved every second. (Honestly...it was friggin' awesome!)

(This pic above is of me juking Simon Gotsmann; for an overweight american I actually played very well during my time in the Black Forest. I scored 10 goals in one week...thats about a goal and a half a game. Lucky ey?)



I Got Zin'daned!!!

"
Thank you Steve for utterly destroying my Sternum."



So...
I was totally in Dalfsen, Holland when the whole Zinidane Zindane (spelling?) thing went down; and lauged histerically. Perhaps I should be more sensative...but its soccer...and its sadly normal for grown men to destroy one another in the name of fun. (hypathetical justification...failed?)




So yeah...

This beautiful picture taken by my friend Andrew Faglon was the view I had during my 13 days in the Black Forest. And this was only the front view...


Throughout my crazy busy week in the Black Forest working with these awesome German youth; the staff and I also had some intersting (akward and confusing?) times together...


There were many of these times...

That's just funny
(book title)
-------->


Were seriously that crazy
<--------










The Legend of "Aga Khan"

(aka: maglite)







There really isnt much to say about this hoarse...its technically a pony...and its probably the ugliest one in all of Europr. For all of those who know the inside joke of "Aga Khan" please refrain from leaving comments that may spark the imagination of any of my blog viewers. (That means you Faglon, Steve, and Skaer!!!)

I was an awesome navigator/tour guide for
our rediculously long trip to Europa Park. Viel Spast!

These were some of our youth just having a swell ol' time in line for the Silver Star: The sweetest friggin' coaster in all of Europe. (Or so they said...)




Their were some questionable moments along the way...

I was the official "Camp Nurse." You can just imagine what sort of laughter that created inside my head... you have a head ache? I've got just the right stuff for you. (This would be where I could hand the innocent German youth a box of American Laxatives.) That would shut them up ey? I know its sick and wrongl; its still funny!

I was also in charge of (helped with...minimally) the shopping for the campers.

COMET PEACH ICEDTEA IS THE DRINK OF CHAMPIONS!!!





We had some pretty sweet frisbee sessions. Mike Skaer and I tought some of the youth how to play ultimate frisbee; they really had a blast!


I of course perfectly exemplified the proper form and technique to throw a beautiful direct toss. (PS> I hit many of
them in the face accidently...)



My roomate Andrew was absolutely awesome. We had got to know each other back in Chicago during my missionary training course in June; this time together really opened the opportunity to build a strong friendship. He is cool!

This was him
------->






This is him sipping his 1L margarita on his b-day at Europa Park!

<--------



Michael Skaer and Andrew on some stupid kids roller coaster @ Europa Park....... ---------->



Andrew: You are an absolute nutcase...I love ya just the way you are!


Thank You Staff!
You will all always have a special place in my heart...


7 Comments:

Blogger Patty VonWebster said...

And THAT is why you're the coolest person ever.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, that was amazing. Oh yeah, this is Jachin, I just don't have an account.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben.. it sounds like your having an amazing time! lol.. and a fun time. I hope that things are going well. Sorry I have sucked soo much at keeping in touch. But I miss you and can't wait to hear in person all the cool things that went on. :) Love ya bro and praying for you. Kelsie

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, would you like fresh tomatoes on your davinci slice?

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I want to go! Take me next time! :-D

- Justin

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lksad;fjksad;flkjsa;dfkasfh;asdhlfjasf;lajkf;lsjf;akjfas;jfadshf;adsjhflasdjhflads

the legend of aga khan.... hahaha

dude, you rock my socks off. if you're ever in ohio, lemme know.

-flagon

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you lost weight? Because it looks like you haven't. I'll bet you wish you were skinny like me! G's up Hos down.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home