Friday, August 04, 2006

The First Official Day of Germany Youth Camp

Today was the first official day of the Black Forest Academy English Camp 2006.


I woke up around seven o'clock to the annoying alarm clock that went off every four minutes starting and six-thirty. I staggered into the shower and to my surprise the water was instantly hot; my skin felt like a cold steak getting set on the frying pan. After my flesh was done being brought back to the proper temperature and my hair was thoroughly washed with the lowest quality, lowest grade dandruff-proof shampoo I stepped out into the seemingly sub-zero hallway and made a dead sprint for my room.

I woke up my four guys Karl, Christoph, Andreas, and Jonah at approximately eight o'clock, directly following our morning staff prayer meeting. A few of them seemed to be quite the morning people, springing out of bed excited about the new day. But Karl on the other hand remained in his cocoon like sleeping bag insisting that his body required more sleep to properly function in such a high stress environment as English camp. I agreed; then I beat him with a pillow until he got up. This seemed to convince him that he'd be fine for the remainder of the day; free of any tiredness.

The English classes started at ten so a few other staff members (Katharina, Thomas, and Mike) and myself went into the city of Kandren to do some shopping. We first went to the Deutsch Post (post office) where I purchased a plethora of exquisite post cards. We then went to a grocery store where we all bought a mass load of German chocolate and some sweet random stuff that you can only buy in this country (I will not state what I purchased just in case the Chicago O’Hare International Airport customs agency reads these blogs...).
When we returned all the students and staff got together for an authentic Mexican lunch and laughed at the Germans who attempted to eat burritos with their forks and knives. Suckers!

Well, nothing else has happened yet but I hope you realize that I am in the Black Forest and it is absolutely amazing; I wish you were all here. But, if you were all here their would not be enough food...so perhaps its better that you just stay their. I'll send the postcards, you read em'.
God Bless ya'll

Mark 4:1-20. The Sower. I read this today for my devotions with my German guys; perhaps you would find it encouraging to read also.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home