Thursday, August 10, 2006

the randomness of deutschland



So...

As I already expressed in my previous blog I have been in the Black Forest helping
Counseling for an English camp. The experiences here have been everything from
getting a phatty head cold to laughing myself nearly to death when a German youth
got himself locked behind a fire door.

The weather here has been about as unpredictable as Michael Jackson's wardrobe. But,
it doesn't bother me too bad because I realize that when I go back to the states it’s going
to be the same. It rains every friggin' day in Eugene; its beautifully green, but obnoxiously
wet.


So yeah... their have been some absolutely amazing things going on here with the work God
has been doing in the hearts of the youth. The common stubbornness found in most Germans
is seemingly disappearing this week with random "your momma" jokes and the constant beatings with various blunt objects. The other guy counselors and myself have been experiencing a true sense of camaraderie and bonding. Comet peach ice tea and wurst have been the normal in our evening "talk times" over an awesome game of chess or Metro.

I have really enjoyed building relationships with the German youth. Jacob and Jens have taught me many intriguing new jokes; even though German's aren’t usually funny. Daniel has taught me the benefit of spitting in other's drinks at the lunch table. Andrew has taught me the meaning of PAB. Which you'll never know. And Jim the crazy maintenance guy has helped me grow in my friendship with his pet pony "Aga Khan."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home