Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rhythmic Revival of Rhetorical Restrictions







I wake up at six to the sound of a beep,
I slide out of my sheets and onto my feet,
The sun beams blazing thru the holes in the blinds,
The UV rays quickly making me blind,
I stumble I shutter I groan and I yawn,
The dew outside rests steady on the lawn,
As I peak on out to the world outside,
The trees stand-still as if frozen in time,
The birds are active and loud as can be,
Food for their young their assembling,
I flip on the faucet and to no surprise,
The ice cold water blasts open my eyes



Stepping out into the stark crisp air abroad,
My eyes are adjusting yet they seem quite flawed,
I squint a wee-bit to make out what’s ahead,
A sunrise on the ridge sneaking in around the bend.
The clouds brightly shining thru the transparent blue sky,
My mind taken captive by the fog on the rise,
Low to the ground the clouds skip by,
Smooth as they move and then off they fly.



I trek down the path between the shrubs and the trees,
Light is scarce and strong is the breeze,
The hair on my neck stands straight on up,
The chill thru my spine is mighty abrupt,
I step quickly fourth pacing into the light,
The faster I step the farther the fight,
To make it down to the vast light long down the path,
causes my muscles to squeeze and my chest to gasp,

The shock and awe caused by such bright light,
Is comparable to the sun sitting out at night,
The deteriorating differentiation gives way to clarity,
My minds accepting images like an open-charity.
In the clearing nothings hidden all things are exposed,
But to see is to believe and to not is to know?
To believe only what we see is ironic and false,
For if air didn’t exist I'd be a dried-out corpse.



So as Thomas in the gospel with the finger in the holes,
If we see then we know where’s faith to unfold?
The mysteries are solved and no more to discover,
Yet to love God and our neighbor is one truth we’ve left undiscovered.
The parallel here is the contrast therein,
The dark and the light the beginning and the end,
The grogginess’ of dyer-yearning in the dark of your heart,
is that the path to the light and is there for your thwart,


finding peace by seeking love is the above all goal,


to chose Christ over the world is the mutual-toll.








To Be Continued...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home